A friend recently asked me how I made this delicious iced hibiscus mint tea, and I rattled off some directions a little too quickly. 🙂 So here’s the actual recipe and instructions, through the magic of WordPress!
Iced Hibiscus Mint Tea
- 1/2 cup dried hibiscus flowers
- 1/2 cup dried peppermint
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 10+ cups of water
- enough ice to fill half of a 2-gallon pitcher
- Put the hibiscus and peppermint into a 4-cup glass measuring cup (or any microwavable container) with 4 cups of water and microwave on high for 6 minutes.
- Allow to steep for 5 minutes.
- Fill a 2-gallon pitcher about half- to two-thirds-full with ice cubes.
- Strain the tea concentrate into the pitcher over the ice, using a fine mesh strainer. Discard the herbs.
- Add another 4 cups of water to the pitcher.
- In the same measuring cup, mix 1/2 cup of sugar and 2 cups of water and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Stir until the sugar is all dissolved.
- Add the simple syrup to the pitcher and stir.
- Add cold water until the pitcher is full, if necessary.
- Enjoy a cool, refreshing glass of iced tea anytime!