A WordPress contributor told me recently that he was feeling anxious about asking for a new level of user permissions for problem-solving reasons, and in the process of advising him, I realized I have a fairly reliable rubric for making those requests. Maybe it’s even useful outside of WordPress? Here it is, regardless!
- Hey (person), I/we have a problem, and a possible solution that you might be able to help provide.
- Our team/I need to be able to do (action), in order to (accomplish something supporting the mutually understood goal of team).
- Currently we’re (using this awkward workaround)/completely blocked, which is inconvenient for our team and (people we’re working with).
- If I/we/this group could get the right user permissions to (do XYZ), that would fix this problem.
- Are there any downsides to that approach that you think I’m missing? If not, are you a person who could help us get this access?
If you have feedback on this message structure, leave it in the comments! Excelsior!