Once I used to work with this amazing person named Becky. Well, twice I used to work with her. Once at one company, and then I went to work at this other company and she did too, and then she recruited me to work at her company some time later. It’s the construction industry – they’re like that.
Becky is beautiful and smart and HILARIOUS and has a strong sense of right and wrong and fair. She’s single, about my age, athletic, adventurous, and hella sassy. We’re both… on the wry side… and we had a blast working together for as long as it lasted (about 2.5 years, off and on).
When we worked for the second company together, we had adjacent desks and somehow – I don’t know what prompted it – came up with the Get A Song Stuck In Somebody’s Head game. It’s incredibly fun; you should play it. Here’s how:
- Sing or say a line from a real earworm of a song. (I like to start with “Hello? Is it me you’re looking for?”)
- Listen to your partner curse.
- Laugh. Hum your earworm for extra points and torture.
- Your partner will then retaliate with another earworm prompt. (Becky would typically go for a little Bobby McFerrin or an 80s hair band.)
- Curse when the new earworm evicts the old.
- Listen to your partner laugh.
- Start again at 1.
The winner is the one who comes up with the most powerful earworm of them all. Warning: this game is highly infectious and may spread through your office.
I miss Becky. Leaving Austin a couple years back was hardest because of the Grade A quality friends I had there. Below is not a classic earworm, but Becky and I have this thing about Bob Schneider, live. 🙂