There’s usually a time either before he falls asleep or after he wakes up when he’s still tripping, and sometimes he gets chatty. This last trip to the coast, I recorded some of his musings.
- Mama, some of my fingers are thicker.
- Mama, when will we see Lewis and Clark?
- I know a lot about the earth. I know a lot about nature too. Because it’s living. And it’s not pretty when it’s dead. And when it’s alive, it is pretty. And I just saw a squirrel.
- Wait a second! Where’s all of that sand from?
- It’s hard to take care of a baby because they have very soft bones. Even if they’re a boy or a girl.
- This is a very exciting day.